Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Vivid

Vivid.
Paul says that ministry is given.
I forget that and live my life sometimes as if ministry is a burden that I carry.
Not just ministry meaning paid, vocational work at the church building on the church budget for church people.
I mean living my life as a ministry of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Living the testimony that God is who He says He is.
I live that in a drudging shade of gray.  Something I must do as opposed to something I am compelled to do.
The world that we live in is a shade of gray.  It is the foreshadow of things to come.  It is not the goal.  It is not the end.  This is not my home.
I long to live my life in vivid color.  Not carrying the back-breaking load of daily life, but turning my chin towards the heaven and my focus towards the One who has given everything for me.
I think about Paul (when he was Saul) and how he had to go blind for a time to be able to truly see.
God, blind me to the things of this world and the burdens I carry, so that when I open my eyes I see only the vivid color of Your presence.
My precious Gran has macular degeneration.  I have been on a quest to find things that help her see more clearly.  I bought a light bulb yesterday called a "full spectrum" bulb.
God, I want to see the full spectrum in vivid color.

4 comments:

  1. "the vivid color of Your presence." I like image. That's what I desire too. Visiting from Five Minute Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Eileen !!! I desire that as well! Beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's something we should all be aware of - that tendency to get weary in well-doing. I know. I've been there. God's grace is empowering though - I'm so thankful for His grace and for His mercies which are new every morning! Thank you for sharing in such a transparent manner. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...living my life as a ministry of the gospel of Jesus Christ."

    This is my heart's prayer too. May my life be the living ministry of His truth and grace.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete